Featured Neighboring Country
Monday, 12 April 2010 14:43 Administrator
People always ask us - "What should we pack?" Remember the golden rule - lay it all out, throw away half, and put the rest in the suitcase! Seriously, some tips below.
* Pack clothes for a warm climate (but something WARM for game drives!)
* Comfortable clothes and shoes for travelling
* As far as possible, light or neutral colours for the game parks
* Swim suit and beach towel
* Light rain coat / wind breaker
* Comfortable walking shoes / boots
* Jersey / light-weight jacket for evening wear
We recommend the use either of Travellers’ Cheques or credit cards (Mastercard, Visa, American Express.
Torch, spare film and camera batteries, sunblock (sun protection factor of 15 plus) and suntan lotion, binoculars, good pair of sunglasses, insect repellent spray or lotion, any prescription medicines
CAMERAS / FILM
Most types of film and video tapes are available in all major centres and resorts. Fast, reliable processing services are also available in major centres.
A good idea is to copy the first few pages of your passport, your air ticket and other important documents, and carry these separately from the originals. In the event of loss, this will enable authorities to replace them quickly
Try to travel light - one always brings more than one needs! Try to limit baggage to a soft medium-sized travel bag and one smaller item of hand luggage.
Ending on a lighter note - someone (?) once said - "When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money." Like it!!